AMSPAR members currently receive special privileges and services including a free legal helpline, a number of newsletters and access to events in addition to valuable work and non-work related discounts.
Which Membership can I apply for?
For applicants with AMSPAR qualifications
- Any person who holds any AMSPAR / City & Guilds CQF qualification is eligible for admission as a Full Member of the Association
- Any person who has obtained an AMSPAR Certificate is eligible for admission as an Associate Member of the Association.
For applicants who have not obtained AMSPAR qualifications
- If you have worked in the health care field for 10 years or more, you are eligible for Full Membership
- If you would worked in the health care field for between 5-10 years, you are eligible for Associate Membership
- If you have worked in the health care field for less than 5 years, you are eligible for Affiliate Membership*
- If you have a comparable qualification suitable to your post.
* Only Full and Associate Members have voting rights within the Association.
Download the application form
The application form is available to download from our web site as a PDF file
Completing the application form
Completing the application form is easy:
- All applicants need to complete the “Application for AMSPAR Membership” form.
- Those applying for membership who have obtained an AMSPAR qualification need to enclose a photocopy of their Diploma/Certificate with the application form.
- Those applying for membership who have not obtained an AMSPAR qualification need to arrange for completion of the “Section to be completed by Employer”.
- Send your completed application form with the appropriate subscription to:
The Membership Department
Tavistock House North
LONDON WC1H 9LN
We aim to process your application and send out your membership pack within 2 weeks.
Benefits change from time to time (see FAQs) but core elements are:
- Free business support helpline covering legal issues
- Use of designated letters and qualifications
- Free e-newsletter
- Support of the London Head Office
- Access to the members’ website section – up-to-date healthcare news and special offers
- AMSPAR CPD programme
- Access to British Medical Association library services
- Discounts and offers on a range of products and services